Apprenticeship Programs combine on-the-job training with classroom instruction to enable students to move from an apprentice (semi-skilled level) to a journeyman (skilled level).
FTC Apprenticeship Programs
The following Apprenticeship programs are registered and approved by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Florida Department of Education Division of Career and Adult Education:
- Flagler County Community Pre-Apprenticeship Program
- Flagler County Community Apprenticeship Program GNJ
- Flagler Child Care Apprenticeship Program GNJ
which offer the following FTC training programs:
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating
- Early Childhood Education
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- Must have two letters of recommendation (not from a relative) for interviews, and Military Service documentation (if applicable)
- Must be currently employed by a sponsor
The apprentice and the sponsor shall sign an apprenticeship agreement which shall set forth the terms and conditions of employment, indicate what credit is to be granted for previous experience, if any, and shall meet the requirements of and be registered with the Registration Agency.
- Complete an online FTC application.
- Schedule an apprenticeship tour appointment with the Program Facilitator.
- Contact prospective employer for employment (FTC will provide a list of contacts).
- Bring letter of intent to hire from the employer and sign the indentured agreement. Must work for the employer 30–60 days prior to attending class.
- Determine payment method (self-pay, scholarships).
- Meet with Registrar to enroll in class, and pay for books and materials.